title: Looking back at 2011
- Software Libre
Where are a few hours away from ending the year 2011 (some countries are already in 2012) so I feel like it is the perfect moment to look back at what happened during 2011 so tomorrow I can write what I hope will happen during 2012 :)
If I had to sum up in one word what I have done this year in KDE I'd say BlueDevil. In the first entry from 2011 I'm asking for help on testing the 1.0.2 version, now 12 month later we are ready to release 1.3 which fixes "all known bugs" and we are preparing ourselves for 1.4 and 2.0.
Let's take a look month by month on what happened in this blog:
- January: we ask for help on testing 1.0.2, we've fixed SSP pairing which is a super important Bluetooth feature.
- February: Aleix and I release first snapshot of Kamoso 2.0 which uses QtGstreamer and is demonstrated to be rock solid. By the end of the month we release BlueDevil 1.0.2.
- March: BlueDevil 1.0.3 is released improving stability.
- April: BlueDevil 1.0.4 is released and a lot BlueDevil 1.1 features are presented to the community.
- June: Aleix and I release Kamoso 2.0, currently it only has 1 reported bug we can't reproduce. Also I'm part of Platform 11 which for me was an turning point, since then I really feel part of the KDE community.
- July: I explain my priorities for the next 6 months, I consider that I've done 5/6 which is not a bad rate. I spent one weekend fixing a few bothering bugs. A few days after I sat down and decided to fix the current XRandR code before I start to write the new one, patches are included in 4.7.1. BlueDevil 1.0.5 and 1.1.1 are released. I finish the firsts improvement of BlueDevil 1.2   and made a video of nepomuk awesomness.
- August: Apart from attending Berlin Desktop Summit, BlueDevil 1.2 RC1 is released.
- September: New plans for BlueDevil are done while I continue to work on it. Another weekend fixing annoying bugs in kuiserver and KDirWatch. Forge 2011 take place,
- October: The month started while Forge was taking place, we continue with usability changes, and though I didn't mentioned it in my blog I manage to understand a lot better libsolid as well of fixing few bugs here and there. Finally BlueDevil 1.1.2 and 1.2.1 are released.
- November: I attended to UDS (damn I have to blog about this) and found little time to release BlueDevil 1.0.6, 1.1.3, 1.2.2 and 1.3-rc1. During this month I confirmed that I was moving back from Madrid to Barcelona.
- December: Even though I haven't blog that much I have been working on XRandR and more recently in some Calligra bits I will explain in a future post.
I'd say this year has been quite intense in the KDE front, I have done less than I wanted (which is normal) but more than I expected so I'm happy with the result. Also it is worth to mention that I'm now "Solid Overlord" though I haven't done much yet I know for sure that 2012 will be the year to amend that.
Happy new year 2012 which for sure, Is going to be a good year for KDE as it was 2011 :)