The second minor version of BlueDevil (KDE's Bluetooth support) has been released and it is the most important release since 1.0 because it adds support for some basic bluetooth feature we have been missing since 1.0, regarding Device Pairing.
- Added support for Bluetooth 2.1 (SSP pairing)
- Do not pair devices that don’t need it
- Better automatic mode (Updated PIN database)
- Randomized the default PIN
- Random PIN of 6 characters, shrink if needed (depending on device)
- Improved the wizard flow for a lot of devices
- Do not show actions in systray when offline
- Handle possible obex-data-server crashes (This is the cause for a looooooot of troubles receiving files.)
- Fixed big file operations in kio_obexftp
- The i18n should be fixed once for all (stable branch created)
The tarbal can be downloaded here:
By now almost all distributions have packages, so if your distribution doesn't poke them because this release is very important stability-wise.
Subscribe via RSS